Polytechnik Biomass Energy
Polytechnik Biomass Energy is one of the world’s leading suppliers of advanced combustion solutions, heat and power plants, district heating plant and emission control systems and is able to provide its customers with state-of-the-art technology for the utilisation of biomass for energy generation.
Depending on the available fuel, various combustion systems and combinations can be employed. Hot water, air, hot gas, superheated water, saturated and superheated steam or thermal oil is used to transfer the energy.
Polytechnik’s wood/biomass-fuelled boilers range from 300kW to 30,000kW (single unit output) and for power production steam turbines with a standard electrical output from 100kW to 20,000kW per turbine generator are available. As an alternative to steam based generation, via steam turbine generators (STG), Organic Rankine Cycles (ORC) using a thermal oil boiler instead of steam are also available.
New technologies include low emission gasifiers, straw fuelled boilers and carbon negative energy generation as part of automated carbonisation plants.
With its 250 employees and with over 50 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, installing and commissioning of about 3,000 biomass fired heat and power plants Polytechnik has become experts in generating energy from renewable biomass. Polytechnik is committed to excellence which is reflected in its ISO certifications for Quality (ISO 9001), Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) and Environmental (ISO 14001) Management Systems.
Links to Polytechnik capabilities and other information about the benefits of using wood fuel
- Polytechnik supplies technology for industrial torrefaction plant in Europe - Read more here
- Innovative Biomass Technologies - Polytechnik's contribution to defossilisation. Read more here
- Biomass Torrefaction - Torrefaction is a method of roasting biomass. It is a thermal treatment that eliminates volatile components from the biomass and increases its carbon content. Read more here
- POLYHELD® - The innovative grate technology with its staged air supply is unique in its performance class and allows for low-emission and efficient se of different fuels. Read more here
- Biomass Heat and Power Cogeneration - The clean, efficient and cost-effective solution for small and medium power ranges. Read more here
- GreenCarbon high-tech pyrolysis plant - Biochar is produced under limited oxygen conditions to maintain its unique agronomic and environmental properties. Read more here
- 55 years of Polytechnik Biomass Energy - helping to reduce your carbon footprint, protect the environment with innovative, economic and high-quality technologies
- High efficiency and low emission wood energy system - view video here
- Volac renewable energy plant
- Image brochure
- 50-year anniversary book
- Green carbon technology
- Low emission gasifier
- Reference plants NZA
Contact: Christian Jirkowsky
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suppliers of advanced combustion solutions, heat and power plants, and emission control systems